Captain Jaco and Chef Jenny
Jaco and Jenny met on the island of Tortola in the BVI in 2012 and have been chartering together on beautiful luxury sailing catamarans as a Captain and 1st Mate / Chef team ever since.
In August 2014, full of excitement for a new challenge, Jaco and Jenny jumped at the opportunity of becoming the new crew on A2, a beautiful 56 foot Lagoon. Here their A2/A3 adventures began.
3 years later, A3 was 'born', recently launched in France 2016 – Jaco and Jenny were ecstatic to be working on and representing such a beautifully maintained yacht.
In addition to chartering in the British Virgin Islands, they have also chartered in other Caribbean Islands including Saint Martin, Anguilla, Saint Bart’s, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Turks & Caicos and the Bahamas. Jaco and Jenny agree that the waters of the British Virgin Islands are their favorite area to host wonderful charters. “The distance between the islands allow for very comfortable and enjoyable day sails, with plenty of snorkeling, hiking, beach bars (and more!) along the way”.
Jaco and Jenny are an experienced and energetic professional crew who combine their sense of adventure into an unforgettable experience for A2’s guests.
Each morning, there will be fruit, yoghurt and granola around 7:30am to enjoy with your tea or coffee. This will vary between berry parfaits, fruit platters, and various fruit bowls. When most of your group is on deck, a warm breakfast will be served.
- CRUSHED AVO on toast with cherry tomatoes and the option of a poached egg.
- SCRAMBLED PARSLEY EGGS on an english muffin.
- BANANA PANCAKES with fresh berries and maple syrup.
- POACHED EGGS on an english muffin with fresh spinach, bacon and tomato relish.
- YUMMY FRENCH TOAST with fresh berries and bacon.
- ITALIAN BAKED EGGS poached in a tomato sauce with fresh basil and parmesan.
- OPEN FACED SMOKED SALMON BAGELS with cream cheese and capers.
Each day lunch will be served either family style, or as a plated meal, depending on the menu that day.
- CHICKEN ROTI'S with a green salad, peach chutney and greek yoghurt.
- HOME MADE BASIL PESTO pasta with shredded grilled chicken.
- GRILLED STEAK & ONION SALAD with warm bread.
- MEXICAN QUINOA SALAD with grilled chicken or mahi, avo and lemon.
- LOCALLY MADE crab cakes with a green salad, fresh bread and a sriracha sauce.
- TUNA TACO'S with loads of options, served family style.
- BEEF SLIDERS with a spicy slaw and home made fries.
- SEARED SALMON with a roast capsicum pine nut salsa, grilled asparagus and warm bread.
SUNSET STARTERS & COCKTAILS
Early evening there will be a sunset starter to nibble on, and a refreshing cocktail of the day to enjoy in celebration of another incredible day out on the water. Beer, wine and prossecco also available.
- MINI PITA PIZZAS with a range of delicious toppings.
- PAINKILLER a fruity spiced rum cocktail that originated at the Soggy Dollar Beach Bar, BVI.
- CHILLED WATERMELON & tomato gazpacho soup with fresh beer bread.
- DARK N STORMY & MOSCOW MULE dark rum or vodka, with fresh lime juice and fever tree ginger beer.
- HOMEMADE HUMMUS with warm pita bread, sliced apples, carrots & nuts.
- PINA COLADA with white rum, pineapple juice and coconut.
- TOMATO & BASIL bruschetta with freshly shaved parmesan.
- FRESHLY SMASHED MOJITO with mint or basil, depending on the week!
- SHARING PLATTER with sliced cheeses, meats, gherkins, dips and toasted pita bread.
- MIMOSA with Italian prosecco & a splash of orange or guava juice.
- GRILLED NACHOS served individually with black beans, corn, salsa & mozzarella.
- MOUNT GAY RUM PUNCH with orange, pineapple & guava juice, garnished with fresh nutmeg.
- SHRIMP COCKTAIL with a sriracha dressing (photo above left).
- CITRUS MARGARITA made with freshly squeezed juice and salt from Salt Island, BVI.
DINNER & DESSERT
Enjoy another Alfresco Meal in A3's comfortable cockpit, designed for entertainment.
- MAHI MAHI with coconut rice and a green mango salsa.
- COCONUT CHEESE CAKE made on board – absolutely delicious!
- SALMON with little oven baked potatoes, crunchy roasted asparagus & a creamy leek sauce.
- CHOCOLATE BROWNIES with fresh berries& vanilla ice-cream.
- GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN with sweet potato mash & an apple kale salad.
- APPLE PIE CAKE with chocolate ice-cream.
- BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN with quinoa, baked parmesan broccoli & a citrus sauce.
- LEMON POLENTA CAKE with plain natural yoghurt.
- CAREMALISED CARROT RISOTTO with sliced duck & a green salad.
- JENNY'S KEY LIME PIE with plain natural yoghurt - the yoghurt cuts the sweetness, its amazing!
- GRILLED MAHI MAHI with a mild red thai curry sauce.
- FRUIT SALAD with chocolate ice-cream (strawberries, mango, banana, blueberries.. and perhaps a sneaky dash of dark rum).
- GRILLED STEAK with a garlic mash, greens & a mushroom balsamic sauce.
- CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY ganache with vanilla ice-cream.