Captain Jez & Chef Caro
Captain: Jeremy Fletcher [Jez]
Jez is an MCA/IYT master of yachts (unlimited) with years of charter experience. Calm, endlessly patient and quietly humorous, he enjoys introducing his guests to both the secluded tranquil anchorages and the lively harbourside spots that he loves. He has recently captained both a North Sea/Baltic Sea crossing as well as an Atlantic crossing, and looks forward to repeating both voyages this year.
His enjoyment of the sea includes exploring below the surface as an experienced PADI recreational diving instructor, as well as a keen technical diver with both IANTD and TDI qualifications teaching qualifications. His love of travel has taken him from his native England to places as diverse as Russia, Mexico, Hong Kong, Italy, France, Spain, Egypt, Israel, the Caribbean and Australia, and he takes pleasure in sharing travel experiences with his guests.
Jez and Caro are a warm, friendly, close-knit team who take great pleasure in working together in all aspects of their jobs. They love being able to treat their guests to their special brand of hospitality, experience and attentiveness to create the conditions for a wonderful, stress-free and fun-filled holiday.
Chef: Caro Uy
Caro is an award-winning charter chef who is passionate about both good food and the sea. She grew up in a family dedicated to the pleasures of the table, and has been a hardened restaurant habitu�e since she was an infant. As an adult, she has had over fifteen years of experience in various aspects of the gourmet food industry. Although originally qualified as a graphic designer, these days she expresses her creative energy in preparing fresh, seasonal cuisine to spoil her guests; she also enjoys the challenge of creating menus to suit special dietary restrictions. Her repertoire is based on French classical technique, but the flavour variations reflect her travels through Mediterranean Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Persia, Israel, Mexico and parts of South-east Asia. Her other great love is the water: Caro is also a PADI dive instructor and has introduced people to the underwater world in the Canary Islands, the Sinai and the Costa Brava. Bubbly and endlessly curious, she loves meeting new people and listening to their stories.
Deck Hand: TBA
SKYLARK SAMPLE MENU
This is only a small sample of menu options on offer. Special dietary needs or preferences accommodated (e.g. vegetarian, kosher, gluten-free, low-fat-spa menus etc) given advance notice.
Fresh and fun child-friendly menus on request.
Ask about our themed dinners (South Indian thali, Spanish tapas evening, Middle-eastern mezze, etc)!
For very special occasions, a five-course (plus palate cleansers) dégustation menu can be arranged in advance. Wine matching optional.
Menus subject to availability of seasonal ingredients at the local markets
All breakfasts accompanied by a fresh fruit platter, a selection of yoghurts, cereal, coffee, tea and fruit juice
If requested for our European guests, we also offer the option of light continental style only: either fresh croissants, viennoiserie, baguettes & artisanal local jams & butter; OR an assortment of sliced hams, cheese & pickles with fresh tomatoes, bread rolls & various mustards
• Provençale fougassette / pompe à l’huile (housemade fragrant brioche with fleur d’oranger, inspired by a local boulangerie once frequented by Picasso), with delicious local fromage blanc, local honey & crushed berries
• The Captain’s wickedly sticky homemade cinnamon rolls, served fresh and warm from the oven
• Tunisian chakchouka: eggs poached in a savoury medley of tomato, red onion, sweet bell peppers, fresh thyme and cumin, served with wedges of warmed pita, and fetta or merguez sausage
• Individual breakfast parfaits, layered with yoghurt, seasonal fruit and homemade muesli, served with fresh fruit frappés
• Eggs Benedict—a perennial favourite: poached eggs on prosciutto or Bayonne ham, asparagus spears and homemade fresh sauce Hollandaise
• Duo de thon frais: pepper-seared fresh tuna on smoky grilled watermelon, with wasabi foam + verrine of tartare of tuna & fennel seasoned with ginger oil, accompanied by shot of watermelon tomato gazpacho sprinkled with piment d’Espelette
• Salade du crevettes roses—king prawns sautéed with pastis, olive oil & garlic on mesclun & avocado salad dressed with muhammarra (smoky roasted red pepper & toasted walnut)
• Grilled fresh sardines or mackerel stuffed with chermoula and housemade Moroccan lemon confit, on a tart of sliced ripe oxheart tomatoes dressed with sauce vierge
• Salade du chèvre chaud: a twist on the French classic— hot creamy goats cheese & groseille gelée wrapped in crisp golden brik pastry on a salad of fresh ripe figs, arugula, housemade spiced walnuts, and Provençale thyme-infused honey vinaigrette
• Grilled sea bass (loup de mer) with a salsa of finely diced ripe cherry tomatoes, black olives, lemon, red onion, fresh parsley & thyme with baby potatoes & housemade saffron aïoli
Àpero [served at sunset]
colourful assortments of regional specialities depending on location: local charcuterie, local cheese, artisanal olives, nuts, marinated seafood, housemade dips (green or black tapenade, anchoïoade, hummus etc) with fresh vegetable crudités, etc, all served with choice of crisp chilled local wine (white or rosé) OR the cocktail of the day
Dinner—entrées (first course)
• Trilogie des gazpachos en verrine: a colourful little trio of chilled fresh seasonal soups to wake the appetite—may include: arugula, parsley & avocado topped with mini-brochette of cherry tomato & bocconcini; orange, beetroot & fresh mint, topped with minted yoghurt; white cannellini bean & truffle oil; melon Charentais spiked with fresh ginger, topped with crisp curl of Bayonne ham
• Duck two ways: housemade tea-smoked duck breast on a crisp Asian slaw dressed with Vietnamese savoury caramel, topped with translucent fine slices of duck prosciutto & housemade melon sorbet
• Langoustines wok-flashed till smoky with fleur de sel de Guerande, Szechuan peppercorns & sesame oil, deglazed with mellow Chinese black rice vinegar
• Assortment of housemade sushi [unagi, salmon, tuna, salmon roe] with traditional accompaniments: pickled ginger, soy, wasabi dinner—plats principaux (second course)
• Trilogie du saumon frais—a trio of fresh salmon presented three ways: succulent confit of salmon pavé; gravlax of salmon cured in-house with fine sea salt, fresh herbs, fennel, rock sugar & vermouth; tartare of salmon & fennel with red onion
• The Captain’s handmade pasta as Sardinian spaghetti alla bottarga: housemade spaghetti with lashings of Sardinian bottarga, lemon and local olive oil; OR silky flat ribbons of housemade pappardelle with a rich Tuscan-style wild boar and red wine ragù topped with truffled pecorino shavings
• Daurade or loup de mer en papillote, stuffed with an aromatic melange of kaffir lime leaf (feuilles de kombawa), lemongrass, shallots, coconut milk and lime; served with a nutty wild rice medley and Asian greens
• Espresso-rubbed faux filet du boeuf with wild mushrooms, grilled asparagus and a parmesan tuile; truffled potatoes
• Champagne-poached white peaches with fresh basil, accompanied by a delicate verveine-infused panna cotta served with a shot of of jasmine blossom tea
• Tastes of Corsica trio: semifreddo de miel de chataigne (local chestnut honey parfait perfumed with fleur d’oranger), molleux de chocolat noir et chataigne (flourless molten chocolate chestnut lava cakelet), Corsican fig biscotti
• White chocolate, rose and saffron crème brûlée, with mara de bois strawberries & raspberries glazed in pink peppercorn syrup
• Tarte aux framboises & myrtilles (juicy mixed fresh berry tarts) served warm with housemade sorbet aux fruits des boises
• Rich dark chocolate & Grand Marnier sorbet with creamy chocolate parfait glacé, & pinenut toffee brittle
• Selection of local artisanal cheese with accompaniments (fruit, nuts, confiture de figue ou confiture de coing)