Captain Chris and Chef Andrea
Chris the Skipper of SandiSeas early career was spent working in international business e.g. Lloyd’s of London, Ernst &Young in the UK, Bermuda and Saudi Arabia. Andrea qualified in the UK as a professional chef and she has held several positions both in the UK as well as overseas. She has been awarded two Rosettes for outstanding cuisine. For six years, they owned and operated a small award winning hotel and restaurant in Dorset, England. Such ‘hands on’ experience in the hospitality industry means that they are well qualified to meet charter guest’s expectations. Both have always sailed and first met in 1986 at the UK’s National Sailing Centre in Cowes. They both hold RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore qualifications taken in the Solent, UK.
They reside in the Isle of Man and are keen Classic Car enthusiasts owning a 1948 MG TC called ‘Belle’. Andrea holds a Private Pilot’s Licence and if not on the water is passionate about flying.
Over the past 14 years they have run both Private and Charter yachts in the Caribbean, Bahamas and the Mediterranean.
Having completed a 3 year full time City & Guilds Diploma in Catering & Hospitality Andrea started her career in a brigade of 18 at Selsdon Park Hotel, London. An interesting and varied career has followed both in the UK and Overseas from Bond Street, Fashion House Chef to Private Partners Dining Room, Bermuda. She has run her own 5 Diamond Gold Award Hotel & Restaurant with her husband Chris in the West Country for seven years attaining the coveted Two AA Rosette Award for outstanding cuisine, year on year. Great emphasis is always given to sourcing regional, fresh seasonal produce. Opting for a change she returned to her love of the sea and attained the RYA/MCA Yacht Master Commercially Endorsed qualifications and has been Chef & Mate over the past 14 years on luxury crewed yachts/catamarans in the Caribbean and Mediterranean. Love of water sports has also been combined with a love for skiing in the role of Chef running private residences in France and Klosters, Switzerland.
Any spare time is taken up with her Classic 1948 MG TC and a passion for flying, having passed her Private Pilots Licence in 2007.
1. Homemade Granola, Yoghurt, Fresh Fruit Platter.
2. Croissants, Muffins, Cinnamon & Coffee Rolls
3. American Style Pancakes with warmed Maple Syrup & Bacon.
4. Toasted English muffin with Scrambled eggs & topped with Smoked Salmon.
5. Lemon Soufflé Pancakes.
6. Omelette with various fillings.
7. French Toast with Hot Berries.
1. Pear, fennel & Pecorino Salad topped with Bresaola & finished with a poppy seed dressing.
2. Palma Ham, Peach and Mozzarella with sweet Basil glaze.
3. Crab & Sweet Potato Fish Ckaes with mixed leaf Vietnamese carrot salad.
4. Caesar Salad with slices of BBQ Chicken, pizza herb bread fingers to garnish.
5. Thai inspired Salmon & Citrus Salad with a lemongrass chilli dressing.
6. BBQ Coconut, Lime & Ginger marinated Jumbo Shrimp served with a couscous salad.
1. Foie Gras topped with fig compote.
2. Chicken Satay with Peanut dipping sauce.
3. Gratinated Mussels with Garlic & Almonds.
4. One bite Bloody Mary Cherry Tomatoes.
1. Pan Fried Fillet of Fresh Tuna coated in Sesame seeds served with a fresh Salsa of Coconut, Pineapple, Mango, Lime & Cilantro.
2. Oven Baked Mahi Mahi topped with a herb crust and served with a mild Wasabi dressing. Fresh Asparagus and Roasted peppers.
3. Roasted supreme of Chicken Breast served with Truffle mashed potatoes, wild mushrooms and a Champagne cream sauce garnished with parsnip crisps.
4. Fillet of Beef served with a trio of peppercorn sauce, Potato & Leek Gratin, Fluffy Carrot soufflé. Oven Roasted cauliflower & Broccoli with garlic & coriander.
5. French cut Roasted Rack of Lamb with Bubble and Squeak, Balsamic Shallot Dressing.
6. Whole Salt Baked Sea Bass with Mediterranean style Vegetables & lemon Potatoes.
7. Roasted Breast of Duck, Caramelized Mango. Served with Roasted Root vegetables & Scalloped Potatoes.
1. Frozen Banana Parfait with dark Chocolate wafers & drizzled with Lime Sauce.
2. White Chocolate Mousse Cake served with fresh Strawberries & Pistachio ice cream.
3. Crispy French Apple Tart served with Nutmeg Ice Cream.
4. Pancake fettucini with a Grand Marnier Suzette Sauce.
5. Lemon Posset with Strawberries in Pimms syrup.
6. Hot chocolate fondant puddings.
7. Cheese Board accompanied with a selection of dried fruit, nuts, grapes, apples and fruit compote to compliment the cheese.